When planning your month ahead, focusing on less will allow you to accomplish more!
By keeping you focused on those things that really matter.
Think about the last time you made a “To Do List”.
How long was it?
The longer the list, the more likely you are to have things left to do at the end of the day.
When creating your “Action Items” for this coming month, do the following:
- Get Clear on Your Priorities for the Month – what activities are coming up this month? Graduations, vacations, trips, surgeries… keeping in mind these things while you plan, will help you keep your action items or “To Do’s” more manageable. If your priority is to workout 60 min a day, but you know you have all day meetings twice a week that leave you exhausted, you’re setting yourself up for failure. More people fail due to over schedule that under scheduling.
- Only write down one goal per week – that means four for the month! You might be thinking “What? How am I supposed to get anything significant accomplished this year, if I’m only focusing on four things a month?” When you focus on less you will get more done. Say for example your goal is to lose weight and move your body more. Your actions for the month could be something like this: * Week 1 – try one new exercise for 15 min each, 3 times this week
* Week 2 – cut out bread after 12pm every day
* Week 3 – go to bed earlier so I won’t stress eat during the day because I’m tired
* Week 4 – cut out sugar from my coffee this week
So each week you are focusing on one action that will make an impact in your life and move you closer to your goal of losing weight.
Plus, each week you will adding something new to your plate. (no pun intended)
Week 1 you will try out new workouts.
Week 2 you will continue to work out but now add in cutting out bread from your day.
Week 3 you will be working out, cutting out bread and going to bed earlier.
Week 4… you get the idea.
This method of focusing on one thing, and making it a habit or integrating it into your daily routine will help you to get more done in less time.
Remember that old saying by Benjamin Franklin “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”.
- Stay Committed – Remember every day why you set your main goal in the first place. How will you feel when you; write that book, lose the weight, launch your business, rebuild your relationship, do a keynote speaking event… Remember the feeling you had when you created this goal in the first place.
When you think about your month ahead, what does your intuition tell you about where to focus or what to write down as your action items?
What can you plan this month that will bring you one step closer to achieving your goals for this year?
What help can you enlist to keep you on track?
Remember Less is More when it comes to daily to do’s and action items.
I’ve created several tools to help you stay on track with your goals this year:
- Join our Free Facebook Group to get daily support for your goals: Click HERE to Join!
- Year in Reverse Planning Guide – Simple guide to plan your year
- Year in Reverse Weekly Planning Pages – Action item pages for every month of the year!
- Planning Posse – Monthly Planning Party’s to keep you focused all month long.
Share this post with anyone who might need a bit of planning inspiration for this month!