Staying focused after the new year is a bit of a challenge for most people.
Experts say new years resolutions or goals fizzle out after the first two weeks of the year.
Ever wonder WHY they fizzle out when you were SO excited about in them first place?
Well, for one, you may not have picked a goal that was a true priority for you in your life right now.
And second, you could be just getting distracted by all the noise that’s out there.
Plus change can be hard.
How are you doing on your goals?
Let’s look at some common distractions that can pull you away:
- Social media
- Cell phones
- FOMO – Fear of Missing out syndrome
- Over scheduling yourself
- People pleasing – thus, putting their needs before your own or their goals before yours
- Not committing to yourself
- Not being clear about why you want to achieve your goals
- Getting distracted by what others are doing
- Shiny object syndrome
Seeing this list of common distractions, how many could you identify with?
When you can identify the biggest distractions for you, then you can work at clearing them up.
If the issue is that you’re just not motivated to follow through with your goals, it could be a priority issue for you.
In a previous blog called, 5 Steps to Start Fresh in 2017, I shared with you a simple process to help you get clear about what you REALLY want to work on this year.
Also know that change does take time and it can be uncomfortable.
So, begin to really commit to you, your future and the part of you that wrote this goal down in the first place.
“Change is the only constant that we can truly count on”
Here are four tips to help you stay focused on your goals:
- Get clear about Why you made the goal in the first place – When you remember your why, that helps you to stay focused on the goal and the daily actions needed to achieve it.
- Ask yourself “How much do I really want this?” – If you’re not really feelin’ it, you can choose to pick something else this year.
- Commit to yourself – Only you can create change in your life.
- Try something new – If you truly want to create something new in your life, you have to be willing to do something new. If you want to get different results you have to be willing to approach things in a way you’ve never approached them before.
As I mentioned in my previous blog post that I referred to earlier, don’t reinvent the wheel. Seek out those who have “Been there, done that.” with the same goals you want to accomplish.
I know you can create a fabulous year and it all starts with you and your commitment to you and your future! :D
I’ve created several tools to help you stay on track with your goals this year:
- Join our Free Facebook Group to get daily support for your goals: Click HERE to Join!
- Year in Reverse Planning Guide – Simple guide to plan your year
- Year in Reverse Weekly Planning Pages – Action item pages for every month of the year!
- Planning Posse – Monthly Planning Party’s to keep you focused all month long.
Share this post with anyone who might need a bit of planning inspiration for this month!